Xendesktop Global Project
Its been a while since I last updated my blog, but during the last 18 months I’ve deployed a global Xendesktop and Netscaler infrastructure. This has been a really interesting and exciting time where demand for Citrix is rocketing and now we have a solid platform for the future.
The project includes building 12 netscalers VPX in HA pairs, 12 StoreFront servers and 6 DDC Controllers.
The goals for this project are as follows:
– GEO Services hosted in the cloud
– Single URL for all clients all over the world
– Regional based URLs UK, EU, Asia
– Dual factor authentication with RADIUS, RSA, Google Auth
– IP Authentication for internal users
– Support for Receiver both internally and externally
– Support for ChromeBook, HTML5
– Support for Apple, Macbooks, iPADs
– Restricted access for certain client to only access the netscaler if they are coming from their office Network.
– Support for VDIs hosted on XenServer
– Deployment of Applications for private clients
– Support for remote access to physical machines
– Deployment of Citrix Director for helpdesk support and stats
– Monitoring of the whole platform from Netscalers, Storefront, DDC and hardware.
There have been many challanges along the way and I’ll have happy to share how they were resolved.
Comments are closed.